RN - Case ManagerHutchinson Regional Medical Center
(1 Wknd/Mnth w/ Comp Days) Provides coordinated care for patients newborn through geriatric by developing, monitoring and evaluating interdisciplinary care
Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
- Develops interdisciplinary care plan and other case management by coordinating information and care requirements with other care providers.
- Monitors delivery of care through patient rounds, documentation, identifying progress toward desired outcomes, maintaining ongoing communication with utilization review staff, etc.
- Performs utilization review for all patients
- Actively works with physicians on appropriate inpatient and outpatient status
- Complies with hospital and legal requirements by fostering nursing practices that adhere to the philosophy, goals, and standards of care.
- Abides by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability privacy and security regulations regarding all aspects of Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Serves a population newborn through geriatric.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Ability to develop patient plan of care.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to critically think through a patients care needs
REQUIRED BEHAVIORAL SKILLS:
- A personal presence which is characterized by a sense of honesty and the willingness to do the right thing.
- The ability to role model, inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals and values of Hutchinson Regional Healthcare System
- A personal presence which is characterized by a sense of caring that is reflected in a high level of empathy and customer service with all that we come in contact.
- Ability to manage conflict, consider other points of view, and offer alternative solutions without jeopardizing overall project direction and the ability to manage customer expectations.
- Demonstrated track record of ownership of situations, projects and issues.
- Able to work autonomously and have a high degree of flexibility to adapt to changing projects, priorities and work volumes.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a diverse population.
- Treat all internal and external customers with a positive, proactive service orientation.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with a proven ability to influence and lead teams to conclusion/decision making.
- Proven ability to think strategically but also must be able to lead day-to-day tactical processes.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and provide coaching and leadership on complex projects.
- Must be able to lead and/or facilitate process improvement.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Completion of an approved school of nursing program.
- One year experience as a registered nurse.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Care management experience.
LICENSURE OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Current licensure as an RN in the State of Kansas.
- Healthcare Provider BLS – if BLS is not American Heart Association, AHA BLS is required within three months of hire
PREFERRED LICENSURE OR REGISTRATION:
- American Heart Association BLS