Maintenance TechnicianINTRUST Bank Arena, an SMG managed facility
Under direction of the Engineering Manager, this position is responsible for preventive maintenance, and repairs to the buildings mechanical, electrical, HVAC and plumbing systems. Must have working knowledge of all building mechanical (air handlers, blower coil units), electrical (110/220, 277/480 volt), HVAC, boiler plant, Trane chiller plant, plumbing (automatic flush valves, automatic sink faucets), life safety, fire protection and suppression systems to ensure proper operations and be able to act upon any conditions out of the ordinary.
- Preventive maintenance on the mechanical, electrical, HVAC, boiler plant, chiller plant, ice plant equipment and plumbing systems. This involves normal lubrication, adjustment, cleaning, replacement of consumable parts (such as filters, indicator lights, etc.), and periodic testing of the equipment. These systems include, but are not limited to; air handling units (including both rooftop and built-up units), recirculating air systems, water pumping systems, cooling plant and all plumbing system components. Also conduct general building maintenance, as needed.
- Operate, monitor and perform preventive maintenance on an Ammonia ice plant, used for freezing the arena floor for ice events.
- Monitor operation of the HVAC systems, noting current status, identifying potential problems and taking corrective action where appropriate.
- Work with outside contractors when required.
- Submit completed work orders on time.
- Perform repairs and maintenance tasks such as re-lamping, replacing ceiling tiles, filters, and belts as required.
- Read and interpret performance charts and control panels to evaluate the efficiency of each system.
- Be familiar with and conform to all written operating procedures associated with the site.
- Maintain adequate inventory of spare parts and supplies, prepare requisition forms for purchases and pick-up supplies and materials from vendors.
- Assist in the development and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Respond to routine, precautionary and emergency alarms from building automation and life safety systems.
- Run facility's environmental controls, emergency power, electrical, HVAC and lighting systems.
- Adhere to OSHA, NFPA and other applicable safety codes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- HVAC certification preferred.
- Minimum 2-years previous building operations maintenance experience.
- Must be able to clear respirator usage exam.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and make decisions.
- Proficient computer and e-mail skills.
- Possess any licenses, certificates or training required by local, state or national authorities for the operation of the equipment found in the facility.
- Must be able to work within a team and independently with little or no supervision.
- Technical support school or advanced electrical or refrigeration, preferred.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
Skills and Abilities:
- Positive, customer service oriented attitude at all times.
- Basic understanding of door hardware, locks, hinges, door closers, etc.
- Techniques in plumbing, electrical wiring and ventilating systems.
- Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks
- Attention to detail.