Laborer - 1st and 2nd ShiftsJ R Custom Metal Products, Inc.
Assists the welding production areas with routine tasks for the purpose of maintaining quality control, safety standards and time efficiency. Tasks may include grinding metal parts, helping with the transfer of parts, lifting and moving material parts and products, repairing or maintaining machines, and general support whenever and where ever needed.
Keeps track of tools and helps the welder keep work cell neat and orderly.
- High school education or the equivalent, required.
- Experience with hand tools, required
- Experience in routine labor work, required
- Basic knowledge of cleaning tools such as brooms, mops and hand tools, required.
- Basic knowledge of cleaning chemicals, and their reaction with one another, and reaction with other chemicals used for production, required.
- Basic knowledge of OSHA regulations, helpful.
With eighteen years of experience in the metal fabrication business, Jesus Raul Martinez, Sr. started JR Custom Metal Products, Inc. in his garage in 1974. His equipment consisted of one welder, one press brake and his hand tools. In 40 years, this one-man shop has grown to one of Wichita’s leading family-owned businesses with closely-held values. JR Custom Metal Products, Inc. specializes in turn-key, custom products including material handling equipment and production support equipment for large O.E.M. companies and a variety of industries.
Equal Opportunity Employer