CNC Laser OperatorsJR Custom Metal Products, Inc.
Wichita, KS Full-time
Posted on December 23, 2018
Looking for 2nd and 3rd shift CNC Laser Operators to operate the CNC Laser machine for the purpose of producing parts per specifications.
- Tasks may include listening to the machine operation to detect malfunctions, manipulating controls and entering commands to index cutting device to specified set point and to start machine, changing optical cutter and location of product during machine process as specified in set up instructions.
- Sets up CNC Laser for the purpose of cutting, material by following specifications.
- Tasks may include placing optical tool into tool holder and positioning tool holder in machine as specified, using hand tools, and measuring instruments.
- Measures marks, and verifies dimensions on parts and materials for the purpose of completing procedures and inspecting the quality of parts.
- Tasks may include inspecting first parts, reading a variety of precision measuring instruments, matching parts to documented specifications, and coordinating with the quality department. Instruments or methods may include calipers, micrometers, height gauges, gauge blocks, and Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- Reads work orders, blueprints, or drawings to determine set up procedure, machine sequence, and dimensions of finished product.
- Tasks may include prioritizing steps and collecting material.
- Loads control media such as a disk, tape or punch card for the purpose of manufacturing product by machine control console.
- Tasks may include programming, editing programming, and entering commands to retrieve pre-programmed machine instructions from database.
- Performs regular maintenance and cleaning of equipment including the filter media according to established company guidelines.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Prior manufacturing experience 1 to 2 years
- Basic math skills
- Moderate computer skills
- Ability to read blueprints & drawings
- Required knowledge in use of calipers and micrometers
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action