Facility CustodianJR Custom Metal Products, Inc.
With eighteen years of experience in the metal fabrication business, Jesus Raul Martinez, Sr. started JR Custom Metal Products, Inc. in his garage in 1974. His equipment consisted of one welder, one press brake and his hand tools. In 45 years, this one-man shop has grown to one of Wichita’s leading family-owned businesses with closely-held values.
JR Custom Metal Products, Inc. specializes in turn-key, custom products including material handling equipment and production support equipment for large O.E.M. companies and a variety of industries.
JR Custom has the ability to engineer and fabricate new products or modify existing designs to meet specific requirements.
Job brief - 1st shift
- Clean all shop areas using damp, disinfectant-treated cloths, floor sweepers, and vacuum cleaner to dust window, ceilings, floors, and equipment in an orderly fashion. Remove cobwebs from walls and ceiling. May be called upon to wash outside windows and screens, or water plants.
- Painting surfaces by washing walls, repairing holes, removing old paint. Mixing, matching, and applying paints to other finishes and various surfaces. May require removing equipment as necessary to reach entire surface area of project
- Gathers and disposes of trash and cardboard boxes daily, washes wastebaskets and large refuse containers.
- Cleans up area for the purpose of maintaining a clean and safe environment. Tasks may include properly storing cleaning supplies and equipment, and supply room/cabinet area, and removing all debris. Monitored by self and by adherence to OSHA and Company safety standards.
- Assemble/Organize racks or various areas around the plant that may not be dealt with normally
- Perform minor repairs on furniture, buildings, and equipment (eg. (replacing broken switches, repairing door handles, replacing lightbulbs etc.)
- Undertake occasional seasonal tasks (e.g. shoveling snow from the sidewalk)
- Reports any mechanical or pluming failures or negative conditions observed in assigned area to Production Supervisor or Group Leader.
- Help the Maintenance team as necessary
- Serves as a back-up to office custodian when required.
- Performs other related work as required and assigned
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must know how to use common housecleaning implements, such as mops, floor waxes, and scouring pads, to keep areas clean and well serviced.
- Must know how to care for equipment, how to measure cleaning solutions, and be alert to hazards.
- Ability to climb ladder and work from heights
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision
- Frequent bending, squatting, twisting, standing, pulling and pushing required.
- Must be able to endure long hours of continuous work when called upon to do so.
- Ability to comply with safety requirements of manufacturing environment (wearing the appropriate safety clothing, required.)
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds independently, required.
- Normal exposure to shop environment which includes working in hot or cold conditions
- Exposure to cleaning chemicals.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in the field of custodian and general repairs; or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- High school education or the equivalent, required.
- Boom and scissor lift experience preferred
- Hand and power tool experience preferred
- Property/Apartment maintenance experience preferred
- Farm hand/handyman experience preferred
BENEFITS: Available to full time employees
- Holiday pay