Press Brake OperatorJR Custom Metal Products, Inc.
With eighteen years of experience in the metal fabrication business, Jesus Raul Martinez, Sr. started JR Custom Metal Products, Inc. in his garage in 1974. His equipment consisted of one welder, one press brake and his hand tools. In 45 years, this one-man shop has grown to one of Wichita’s leading family-owned businesses with closely-held values.
JR Custom Metal Products, Inc. specializes in turn-key, custom products including material handling equipment and production support equipment for large O.E.M. companies and a variety of industries.
JR Custom has the ability to engineer and fabricate new products or modify existing designs to meet specific requirements.
Job Brief - 2nd shift (3:30pm - 2am)
- Sets up CNC Press Brake (computer numerical control machine) for the purpose of bending, cutting, shaping or forming material by following specifications placed on a work order, blueprint or drawing. Tasks may include assembling cutting tools in tool holders and positioning tool holders in machine spindles as specified, using hand tools, and measuring instruments, or inserting cutting tools in specified machine magazines.
- Reads work orders, blueprints, or drawings to determine set up procedure, machine sequence, and dimensions of finished product. Tasks may include prioritizing steps and collecting material.
- Produces parts per specifications. Tasks may include listening to the machine operation to detect malfunctions, manipulating controls and entering commands to index cutting tool to specified set point and to start machine, changing cutting tools and location of product during machine process as specified in set up instructions.
- Loads control media such as a disk, tape or punch card for the purpose of manufacturing product by machine control console. Tasks may include entering commands to retrieve preprogrammed machine instructions from database.
- Measures, marks, and verifies dimensions on parts and materials for the purpose of completing procedures and inspecting the quality of parts. Tasks may include reading a variety of precision measuring instruments and matching to documented specifications. Instruments may include calipers, micrometers, Statistical Process Control (SPC), height gauges, and gauge blocks.
- Other tasks as assigned or necessary
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- High school education or the equivalent required.
- CNC and Press Brake machine training, required.
- Read Company Employment Handbook, Safety Manual and Quality Manual within one week of hire.
- Minimum 6 months trade school, vocational education, work experience, or apprenticeship in CNC Press Brake operation.
- Previous experience in sheet metal fabrication required.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Basic math skills required.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Communication skills, including reading and writing, required.
- Ability to read blueprints and similar drawings required.
- Skilled at using precision measuring instruments required.
- Safety credentials, helpful.
- Frequent standing, bending, squatting, twisting, lifting and holding parts required.
- Ability to comply with safety regulations required
- Ability to lift 40 lbs. independently required.
- Exposure to elevated noise level from operating machine.
- Physical hazards from moving equipment & machine parts.
- Fumes, dust and mist.
- Exposure to hot and cold weather conditions
- Periodic overtime by assignment possible, not guaranteed.
BENEFITS: Available to full time employees
- Holiday pay