Computer Systems TechnologyK-State Polytechnic, College Center 209
About This Role:
Kansas State Polytechnic is seeking applications for a full-time Computer Systems Technology faculty member to join its School of Integrated Studies. The successful candidate is expected to be an active contributor to the college’s teaching activities. Areas of teaching emphasis may include, but are not limited to: software development and programming, database design and administration, web development, or network and systems administration. This is nine month position with an expected effort of 80% teaching, 10% scholarship, and 10% service.
Open rank faculty position opportunities:
- Tenure Track: Assistant or Associate Professor
- Non-Tenure Track: Teaching Assistant Professor or Instructor
Why Join Us:
The Computer Systems curriculum has recently been revised to include innovative pedagogical approaches designed to support the polytechnic tenants of learning theory through real world, hands on application. If you have a passion for teaching and willingness to experiment with instructional design and delivery you are encouraged.
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks individuals whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's dedication to the Principles of Community.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Masters degree in a related area
- Related industry experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Desire to work with interdisciplinary teams
- Expertise in software engineering and database design
- PhD or equivalent in related area (required for tenure-track position)
- Higher education teaching experience
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
- Applicants must meet accreditation credential requirements to teach college courses
Salary Range/ Pay Rate:
$50,000 - $80,000
Please note: the minimum salary for this position is $50,000. Actual salary will be determined based on the candidate's experience, education, internal equity and departmental funding. Salary offers are typically made between the minimum and midpoint of the salary range. The range indicated includes both the typical hiring range and potential future progression.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.