Database CoordinatorKansas Kids @ GEAR UP
The Database Coordinator is responsible for the Kansas Kids @ GEAR UP student database, surveys and technology inventory. The Database Coordinator must have excellent skills in Microsoft Office and SQL server. They must be able to design, implement and maintain a database that meets program requirements. The Database Coordinator is responsible for entering all collected data in to the database, running queries to develop reports and statistical information of collected data. They must be able to produce monthly reports and assist the Executive Director with the Annual Performance Report and the Annual Report due in April. The Database Coordinator also assists with regional program evaluations and surveys and maintains the program inventory. They are also responsible for converting old files digitally for storage.
Essential Functions And Basic Duties:
- Develop and maintain program database. Analyze data to ensure accuracy. Ensure all data is input expeditiously into database, cleaning up files where necessary.
- Maintain program computers, printers and other hardware. Recommend effective software and hardware to accomplish goals and objectives. Conduct and update program inventory.
- Review all program reporting requirements. Meet and collaborate with Program Evaluator for data analysis recommendations.
- Review student records to provide recommendations for reports and collection of data.
- Manage / assist with database updates and changes. Recommends and participates in the development of program policies and procedures; may serve on university committees.
- Submit monthly reports and attend staff meetings. Maintain Kansas Kids @ Gear Up website.
- Attend training required to complete job assignments or professional development.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information System or computer science or other related field by hire date.
Required Knowledge & Experience:
- Ability to design, implement and maintain a database that meets program requirements.
- Experience with conducting program evaluations and surveys.
- Ability to complete statistical analysis of collected data.
- Knowledge of problems facing low-income foster care students.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software and the ability to train others on the use of computers.
- Knowledge of SQL Database.
- Ability to write reports.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity.
- Ability to train employees on data entry and accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to communicate with employees throughout the State of Kansas.
- Sound reasoning, analysis and decision making skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to independently apply database concepts in support of management decisions.
Physical Activities And Requirements Of This Position:
- Ability to sit for long periods of time. Able to view computer screen for lengths at a time. Must be able to speak and listen clearly. Fine visual acuity to read for accuracy.
- Ability to work on 4th floor office building (stairs when elevator is not available). Some statewide/national travel required
- Must be able to lift boxes of files and other documents.