Garden Center Staff - Multiple Locations!Kaw Valley Greenhouses
As a seasonal employer we want to attract the best combination of candidates. For that reason we are flexible and don't have set shifts for Garden Center Employees, we hire the best combination of availability and candidates that will allow appropriate coverage of our hours of operation. M-F 9am to 7pm, Sat 8am to 7pm and Sun 10am to 6pm. The application will ask for you available schedule, please be honest this helps determine the right mix of hires to give employees the hours they need and run our business efficiently.
Basic Function: To accurately perform duties in sales and customer service, receiving and stocking freight, building and maintaining displays, plant care, follow all policies/procedures and operate the cash register.
This is a seasonal only position, available from mid March – late June.
Garden Center Employee Position Pays $9.50/hr
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding customer service.
- Make sure all products are put up in a timely fashion.
- Maintain plant health by correct care and placement.
- Build displays and follow plan-o-grams given.
- Ensure displays are swept and clean.
- Accurately and efficiently complete sales transactions and maintain proper accountability on register.
- Ability to communicate with customers, other peers and management.
- Ability to work with a cash register.
- Able to receive complaints and problems as they arise from customers.
- Basic plant knowledge or the willingness to learn about plants and gardening.
- The ability to stand on your feet for 5 to 10 hour days, on concrete parking lots.
- The ability to lift 20lbs repeatedly for at least 4 hours.
- The ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- The ability to stoop and bend repeatedly for several hours.
- The ability to work in the outdoors, which could include weather as cold as 25 degrees, as hot as 95 degrees, and long term exposure to the sun.