Garden Center Supervisors - Multiple Locations!Kaw Valley Greenhouses
As a seasonal employer we want to attract the best combination of candidates. To help with this we are willing to operate our stores with two OR three Store Supervisors. We will hire based on the best combination of candidates to cover our hours of operation. In some cases, rehires may limit the available shifts for each location.
The following are the shifts that we are looking to select supervisors for:
Augusta, KS: Mon - Fri 2:15pm to 7:30pm, Sat 1:30pm to 7:30pm, Sun 9:45pm to 6:30pm. Looking for 1 to 2 people to cover these hours between them.
Andover, KS: Mon - Fri 2:15pm to 7:30pm, Sat 1:30pm to 7:30pm, Sun 9:45pm to 6:30pm. Looking for 1 to 2 people to cover these hours between them.
Derby, KS: Mon - Fri 8:45am to 7:30pm, Sat 7:45am to 7:30pm, Sun 9:45am to 6:30pm. Looking for 2 to 3 people to cover these hours between them.
Wichita, KS - 21st & Woodlawn: Mon - Fri 8:45am to 7:30pm, Sat 7:45am to 7:30pm, Sun 9:45am to 6:30pm. Looking for 2 to 3 people to cover these hours between them.
Wichita, KS - W. Central: Mon - Fri 8:45am to 7:30pm, Sat 7:45am to 7:30pm, Sun 9:45am to 6:30pm. Looking for 2 to 3 people to cover these hours between them.
Store Supervisor Job Description:
Basic Function: To contribute to the day to day operations of the Garden Center which includes: Sales and customer service, receiving and stocking freight, building and maintaining displays, plant care, acting as an on duty supervisor during store shifts ensuring company Labor Guidelines and company Policies/Procedures are followed, operating the cash register, handling daily shift balancing and deposits. Completing store and employee paperwork. Providing training and direction to store employees.
These are seasonal only positions available late March - late June.
Supervisor Positions pay $14/hr
- Help ensure all product is put away in a timely fashion.
- Help ensure plant health with proper care and placement.
- Help ensure that the store is kept swept and clean.
- Assist with training and development of a staff of 4 - 10 employees.
- Provide leadership and direction to staff while working.
- Work as a team with other supervisor(s) to ensure the store is operating based on company guidelines.
- Responsible for balancing the shift cash drawers and daily sales receipts.
- Responsible for preparing and making deposits daily when closing the store.
- Possibly assisting with scheduling and interviewing the staff.
- Ability to communicate with customers, staff and management.
- Ability to work with a cash register.
- Able to help resolve complaints and problems as they arise from customers and employees.
- Basic math skills.
- Basic plant knowledge or the willingness to learn about plants and gardening.
- Ability to work with various technologies such as a cash register, tablets and credit card machines.
- The ability to stand on your feet for 6-12 hour days (shift depending), on concrete parking lots.
- The ability to lift 20lbs repeatedly for at least 4 hours.
- The ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- The ability to stoop and bend repeatedly for several hours.
- The ability to work in the outdoors, which could include weather as cold as 20 degrees, as hot as 95 degrees, and long term exposure to the sun.
Please note if interested in more than one Supervisor Schedule/Position you do not need to complete the application multiple times, there is a place on all the Supervisor applications to select which Supervisor shifts and locations you are available for and interested in.