Regional Immunization ConsultantKDHE
This Position will be responsible for conducting vaccine for children (VFC) compliance visits throughout the assigned region of Kansas assessing adherence to CDC and State VFC requirements. Preparing for site visit sin advance by scheduling visit with providers, reviewing history of the provider in the program, collecting and analyzing data related to the provider such as vaccination rates, wastage of vaccine, vaccination ordering patterns, population of provider profiles and vaccine storage issues such as excursions. Completing the compliance visit and provide immediate onsite general feedback to the provider. Completing all questions required by the CDC for the compliance visit and compete the documentation in PEAR timely. Provide a written report to the provider along with required action steps for follow up with an appropriate timeline for completion. File reports in electronic files as required. Collect action plan from provider and follow up at the specified time. Close all compliance visits within the PEAR system timely.
- One year of experience in planning, implementing and monitoring activities relevant to disease prevention, health promotion, or outreach and education. Education may be substituted for experience as determined relevant by the agency.
- Valid Driver's License - Incumbent is required to have and maintain a valid driver's license when operating a state vehicle, a private vehicle, or a rental vehicle for the benefit of the State.
- Kansas Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, Public Health or Business.
- Coursework in Public Health and Science.
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access.
- Proofreading, editing, attention to detail.
- Independent, accountable as employee will be out in the field often.
- Experience with immunizations and the Vaccines for Children program.
- Experience in public health.
- Great oral communication skills with the ability to convey positive motives.
$20.13 hourly; can vary depending upon experience and qualifications.