Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) - Full time and part time positionsKETCH
Rewarding jobs training and supporting people with disabilities - We focus on their abilities!
F/T & P/T career opportunities available!
Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) get the opportunity to expand their career skills by providing supports to adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities in day or residential program settings. DSPs focus on promoting independence by assisting individuals in achieving their goals.
Opportunities could include teaching and coaching people on how to:
- Become skilled at production/assembly work and develop good work habits
- Participate in activities, exercise, use etiquette, improve coping skills & self esteem
- Maintain living space, personal hygiene, and balance in their home life & weekly schedules
- Plan and prepare meals, grocery shop, operate household appliances, and budget
- Prepare for and participate in leisure activities – Special Olympics, dances, parties, etc.
- Use community resources, understand their rights, and be safety aware
This opportunity includes an excellent paid training program including official certifications (the required training/orientation is a two-week, weekday, daytime orientation Monday – Friday, between 8:00-4:30).
Requirements: Successful candidates will have a high school diploma/GED, valid driver's license, good driving record, dependable vehicle and proof of vehicle insurance. Prior experience related to supporting people with intellectual/developmental disabilities is beneficial, but not required. Requires good verbal and written communication skills, conflict resolution & problem solving ability, and time management skills. Must be able to lift 50 lbs or ¼ of own body weight, whichever is less.
Shifts and wage range: a variety of shifts available - weekday, evening or weekend shifts
Daytime shifts Monday-Friday 8:00-4:00 ($9.00/hr)
Weekday evening shifts, 3rd shifts, or part time shifts ($9.50/hr)
- Mon-Thur 3:00p-Midnight
- Tues-Fri Midnight-9a
- Sat Midnight-8a + 8p-8a & Sun 8p-9a
- Part time shifts - Sat & Sun 8a-8p or 10a-6p, or weekday evenings - Mon-Fri 4p-9p
Friday, Saturday, Sunday weekend shifts ($10.50/hr)
- Friday 3p-Midnight + Saturday & Sunday 8a-8p
Overnight shifts with sleep time (limited number of positions - $10.50/hr)
-Weekend - Sat 8a-10p + Sun 6a-10p + Mon 6a-8a (shift includes sleep time)
-Weekday - Mon-Fri 3p-10p & Tues-Sat 6a-9a & Sat 6a-8a (shift includes sleep time)
Competitive benefits package: Full time positions include health/vision/dental insurance, paid vacation/sick/holiday, matching 401(k), and much more. Extensive paid training program and opportunities for continued career development and growth.
You may email your resume by clicking "Apply Now"
KETCH is an EEO/AAP employer.