Summer Jobs - Direct Support ProfessionalsKETCH
Gain rewarding work experience in our SUMMER jobs (must be 18 yrs old). Apply by May 1st. Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) get the opportunity to expand their career skills by providing supports to adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities in day or group home settings. DSPs will focus on promoting independence by assisting individuals in achieving their goals. Successful candidates will receive $9.00/hr plus an excellent paid training opportunity!
Opportunities could include teaching and coaching individuals on how to:
- Participate in activities, exercise, use etiquette, improve coping skills & self esteem
- Plan & prepare meals, grocery shop, operate household appliances, and budget
- Maintain living space, personal hygiene, and balance in their home life & weekly schedules
- Prepare for and participate in leisure activities – Special Olympics, dances, parties, etc.
- Use community resources, understand their rights, and be safety aware
- Must apply by May 1st
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High school diploma or GED (must be state accredited)
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, dependable vehicle & auto insurance
- Be available to attend a weekday orientation M-F 8:00-4:30 5/29/18 through 6/8/18
- Successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs or ¼ of own body weight, whichever is less
- Knowledge regarding the needs of individuals with physical and intellectual/developmental disabilities is beneficial, but not required
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Must be compassionate, dependable, and patient
- Previous Aide experience could be beneficial (CNA, CMA, HHA, caregiver)
Evening, weekend and weekday shifts - Full time and part time - $9.00 per hour
You’ll gain: Excellent comprehensive training, certifications, rewarding work experience, continued career development & training, plus the opportunity to apply for a regular or PRN position at the end of the summer.
Applications must be received by May 1st to be considered for a summer job
KETCH is an EEO/AAP employer