Independent Quality Control SpecialistKS StateBank
KS StateBank, a successful, forward-thinking and growing full-service bank, is ready to expand our team! We have an opportunity for someone to join our Compliance team as an Independent Quality Control Specialist at our Westloop location in Manhattan, KS.
As an Independent Quality Control Specialist your primary responsibility is to perform loan quality control functions within KS StateBank. This includes routinely evaluating pre-funding, post closed, defaulted, denied and withdrawn loans to ensure compliance with investor and agency requirements, legal and regulatory requirements, and Bank policy, while preparing and presenting effective written reports of quality control findings to senior management, Audit Committee, and Mortgage Banking Committee.
The Quality Control process is currently being outsourced and the candidate will, for a period of time, work the results of the quality control reviews. The candidate will work with the Assistant Compliance Officer to determine a plan of action to move the entire quality control review function in house.
- Conduct quality control audits, including, but not limited to pre-funding, post closed loans, denied and withdrawn loans, early-default loans and mortgage branch visits, to determine the company’s compliance with investor and agency requirements, legal and regulatory requirements, and Bank policy. This includes sample selection, re-verification of information (such as employment income, down payment deposit, residency, etc.), and completion of a quality control checklist for each loan reviewed to ensure compliance with established regulations and guidelines pertaining to borrower and property eligibility, qualifying income and debt ratios, valuation and appropriateness of loan collateral, any required instance, and other documentation requirements
- Knowledge of all KS StateBank Mortgage Lending loan products and requirements Proficient knowledge and requirements of secondary market loans to ensure marketability
- Knowledge of TRID regulations with emphasis on the loan estimate and closing disclosure
- Remain abreast on process and/or procedural changes for each functional area, as well as regulatory and compliance guideline changes. Possess the ability to research investor and/or regulatory guidelines in AllRegs
- Inform the Assistant Compliance Officer at specified time intervals and during the quality control audit discussing deficiencies, recommending corrective action and suggesting improvements in operations controls
- Provide recommendations for correction of unsatisfactory conditions as well as improvements in operations and internal controls
- Communicate effectively with key personnel in the mortgage department to obtain responses to findings noted during the audit
- Prepare a report on the results of the audit while ensuring these written reports reflect accurate, objective, clear, concise, constructive, and timely data along with effectively communicating audit findings
- Follow up on outstanding audit items and recommendations to determine satisfactory disposition in a timely manner
- Obtain and analyze data as a basis for an informed, objective opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of the system and efficiency of performance of the loans being reviewed
- Provide assistance in any special audits that are needed and communicate the results to the Assistant Compliance Officer
- Perform annual site inspections for new locations, increased volumes, and addition of key personnel
- Perform SAM.Gov scrub on new hires and semi-annually on all lenders
- Assume responsibility for related duties as required or assigned
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- A high school diploma or GED is required
- Associate or undergraduate degree in business or finance preferred
- A minimum of three to five years quality control or single family loan underwriting experience, both conventional and government loans preferred
TECHNICAL SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- High level of proficiency in both oral and written communication skills, interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Demonstrates a high level of personal integrity and reflect appropriate level of judgement and maturity
- Able to professionally handle confidential matters
- Proficient with personal computers, experience with Excel, Word, Outlook highly preferred
- Demonstrates a high degree of initiative, dependability and work with little supervision
- Able to learn quickly while completing responsibilities accurate and timely with strong attention to detail
- Work cooperatively with, and maintain effective communication and working relationship with, co-workers and supervisor
- Ability to accept and facilitate change, whether indicated by bank needs, market or regulatory requirements
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently and with people of diverse backgrounds
- Limited travel required
Employee benefits include 401k, health, dental and vision insurance and paid time off.
No phone calls or fax submissions please.