Mortgage Loan OriginatorKS StateBank
KS StateBank, a successful, forward-thinking and growing full-service bank, is ready to expand our Residential Mortgage Lending team in the Twin Cities area. We’re looking for a Mortgage Loan Originator who is prepared to make a difference in the lives of consumers who want to buy a home. The Mortgage Loan Originator will be responsible for discussing client’s needs, recommending the best loan products, helping clients put together a complete loan application and working with the operations team throughout the loan process.
With $2 billion in assets, KS StateBank is consistently profitable and a well-capitalized commercial and consumer bank. While the bank has been around since 1969 we have had the ability to originate residential mortgages nationwide for over eight years. As a loan officer, you have the ability originate loans in 48 states (excluding New York and Hawaii) with no additional licensing required.
We have a comprehensive mix of products which includes Conventional, FHA, USDA, VA, Jumbo and FHA/Conventional Renovation loans. We constantly look to bolster our portfolio offerings as well as add conduits that will best support non-QM loans and expand our portfolio product across the 48 states. In addition to great pricing, 98% of loans are underwritten in-house by experienced underwriters using a “common sense” approach. Our proprietary product and investor mix is such that we are able to minimize overlays, underwrite to AUS findings and often maintain less than 48 hour turn times.
We offer very competitive commission structures and do not “charge” for marketing, business development, technology, office space or other support costs.
We support both retail (direct to consumer) and lead-based originators (we incur the cost of purchased leads from a variety of national sources). We encourage every successful retail originator to pursue a “hybrid” approach to supplement their income, while building and keeping a base of strong referral sources… with our marketing support.
We support an active email marketing campaign to clients, prospects and realtors. We also send a quarterly home loan newsletter to all of our consumer clients. In addition, an automated email contact is triggered for new leads helping the sales process. More marketing support can consist of originator profile webpage, social media (provided and supported by us), flyers and other “take aways” for open houses, realtor education, etc. We also can provide event-specific marketing materials (home tours, home shows, realtor gatherings), and Bank and originator-specific print advertising.
We’ve built a team of experienced underwriters, processors and closers to support quick turnaround. Our expectation is exemplary service for each and every borrower.
Where do you find the greatest success, at home or in an office? With our secure technology we’ll support you either way – or both ways. We provide a host of client contact, processing and retention tools to ensure you have an efficient work environment, and remain in front of your clients and referral sources.
We objectively measures originator production in a variety of ways and share that information with each originator. We pursue and encourage healthy discussion, with management and among peers, about ways to improve and maintain performance, especially as market conditions change.
We do not have “layers” of sales management and keep a flat organization chart. A strong originator is motivated by the desire to maximize his or her compensation, and our number one job is to provide the products, tools, marketing, technology and support to make that happen!
- Originates residential loans including purchases, refinances, construction loans, HELOCs, second mortgages, bridge and lot loans. Gathers initial information and processes loan applications; orders appraisals, insurance, other documents needed for processing. Submits to underwriting. Attends closings.
- Reviews credit history, debt to income ratios, employment history, and values of collateral. Locks loan in with investors
- Maintains and develops new and current business client base. Keeps in close contact with current and past realtors for referrals.
- Acts as liaison for consumer loans and client base
- Answers questions on other products for clients and acts as Personal Banker as needed
- Supports branch operations for coverage
- Establishes and maintains effective business and working relations with vendors, suppliers, external clients and company personnel and management
- Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- A high school diploma or GED is required
- At least 3 years of direct experience
TECHNICAL SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Solid internal and external customer service abilities and communication skills
- Positive reputation in the industry and with actual and/or potential referral sources
- Be able to show at least $10mm/year in self-generated residential loans
- Fit our model and team; we are not looking for sales managers but for retail producers who may want work leads
Find your greatest success with KS StateBank! Employee benefits include 401k, health, dental and vision insurance and paid time off.
No phone calls or fax submissions please. EOE