Residential Mortgage UnderwriterKS StateBank
Do you have mortgage underwriting experience? Are you a team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment? Do you have a strong commitment to customer service? If so, KS StateBank has an opportunity for you. Our Mortgage Lending team is looking for someone to join us as a Residential Mortgage Underwriter at our Loan Production Office in Scottsdale.
In this position you will review and underwrite loan applications to include: FHA, VA, Conforming, Investor loans, USDA Guaranteed, and portfolio loans in accordance with guidelines and compliance standards. You will also inform our processors, loan officers and management of your findings.
- Analyzes credit, income, tax returns, assets and appraisals; determine the borrower’s credit worthiness and ability to repay the loan as agreed for the terms requested
- Mitigates bank risk by conducting a thorough and prudent review of each loan file; dispositions loans within bank issued underwriting authority limits
- Seeks management approval when loan limit exceeds the underwriter’s authority
- Clear all conditions of the loan and prepare files for the closing department
- Delivers full disposition of loans within 48-72 hours of receiving the loan files into underwriting; clears conditions of loans in less than 24 hours
- Identify and report any suspected fraudulent activity occurring with any stakeholder and escalate issues to the appropriate management when necessary
- Keeps abreast of all company policies and procedures as well as federal and state regulatory changes by participating in in-house training events
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- A high school diploma or GED is required
- Three to five years of current underwriting experience; FHA/VA and Conventional
- FHA/VA designation
TECHNICAL SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Team player with a strong commitment to customer service
- Basic Accounting and good mathematical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word Excel
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively multi-task, work well in a fast-paced working environment and meet critical deadlines
Employee benefits include 401k, health, dental and vision insurance and paid time off.
No phone calls or fax submissions please. EOE