Retail Banker / TellerKS StateBank
Do you enjoy helping people? Are you friendly and outgoing? Would you like to work in a professional environment with great hours and benefits? KS StateBank has an opportunity just for you. We are currently looking for someone to join our Retail team as a Retail Banker at our Phoenix branch.
As a Retail Banker you will provide services to clients including processing and verifying transactions and performing account maintenance. Responsibilities include ensuring clients’ requests and questions are promptly resolved as well as cross-selling bank products and services.
- Provides services to clients at the drive up and lobby. Assists with checkbook balancing for clients (branches).
- Verifies transactions. Monitors deposit amounts, and examines documents for endorsement and negotiability.
- Detects and resolves discrepancies promptly.
- Processes credit card cash advances, travelers’ checks, cashiers’ checks, money orders, savings bonds, and similar transactions.
- Cross-sells bank services and products.
- Receives and processes new customer accounts and performs changes to existing accounts.
- Ensures that clients’ requests and questions are promptly resolved in person and via telephone.
- Opens and closes computer terminal accounts daily. Processes assigned cash and transactions and balances at end of day.
- Balances teller drawer daily.
- Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
Experience & Qualifications:
- A high school diploma or general educational development is required.
- One to two years of prior banking experience preferred.
- Previous cash handling is required.
Technical Skills & Abilities:
- Type at least 40 words per minute and use a 10-key calculator proficiently.
- Moderate computer skills.
- Must enjoy working with people.
- Strong customer service abilities.
- Solid verbal communication skills.
- Good sales and motivational skills.
- Able to multi-task and make quick decisions.
- Dependable, detail-oriented and organized.
- Presents a neat, professional appearance.
Employee benefits include 401,000, health, dental and vision insurance and paid time off.
Equal opportunity employer.