Senior AccountantKS StateBank
KS StateBank is a $1.9 billion commercial bank with headquarters in Manhattan KS and commercial or mortgage banking operations in Wichita KS, Overland Park KS, Independence MO, Phoenix and Scottsdale AZ and the Minneapolis, MN area.
The Bank also provides financing to government entities across the United States. The new position of Senior Accountant results from the continued growth and success of KS StateBank, and will be responsible for advanced and essential accounting duties, and will provide support for financial analysis, management and regulatory reporting, and other related duties.
- Support GAAP and regulatory accounting research and reporting
- Prepare regular accounting entries; maintain supporting records
- Prepare monthly management and Board of Directors financial reports
- Maintain accounting for Bank subsidiaries
- Assist with the annual budget process
- Maintain book and tax fixed asset accounting
- Oversee accuracy of property and general liability insurance.
- Support or backup deposit operations functions as may be needed
- Additional responsibilities may be available based on the competency and previous success of the individual
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required; CPA or CMA preferred
- Directly relevant experience in a commercial banking environment preferred
TECHNICAL SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proficient in Microsoft office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience in database query tools and logic (SQL, MS-Access, IBM Cognos) preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, coupled with an assertive yet professional demeanor
- Strong analytical skills and aptitude to learn and quickly implement skills
Employee benefits include 401k, health, dental and vision insurance and paid time off. Equal opportunity employer