IV-Certified Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Higher for Telephone Patient CareLakepoint Family Physicians
Under the direction of the Practice Administrator, the triage nurse will handle phone calls from the patients who are seeking medical information and/or medical attention. They will be able to schedule appointments as the patient’s condition requires, answer questions, and provide limited health education. They will be able to educate the patients on the phone who have medical questions.
- Possess a current license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse.
- Prefer two years clinical experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse.
- Thorough knowledge of practical nursing theory.
- Knowledge of standard practices, rules, and regulations related to nursing.
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology, aseptic technique.
- Ability to keep accurate records.
- Competent organizational skills.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with all members of the healthcare team, patients, and community representatives.
- Must be able to set priorities and anticipate primary care providers needs
- Ability to walk, bend, kneel and lift 40 lbs. to shoulder level.
- Screens and responds to patient phone calls, directing to Primary Care Provider as needed.
- Furnishes medical advice per approved protocols.
- Schedules appointments, based on necessity, by offering the earliest appointment available with each provider.
- Schedules urgent visits as appropriate.
- Enters necessary information into the computer.
- Accurately documents the encounter with the patient on the appropriate form to be placed on patient chart for continuity of care.
- Initiates appropriate follow up.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient information.
- Adheres to policies/safety practices established by Lakepoint Family Physicians.
- Performs other duties as assigned.