Laboratory AssistantLakepoint Family Physicians
This position is responsible for providing technical support for laboratory operations. Strong attention to detail is vital to the success of this position, along with the ability to calmly navigate changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Employment: Full Time
Supervisor: Laboratory Manager
- Preform technical laboratory functions including phlebotomy, chemistry, hematology, urinalysis, immunology, and other tests.
- Report test results following organizational protocols, alerting providers and / or medical assistants immediately about “red flag” results.
- Ensure quality control in collecting and handling specimens and ensuring appropriate sampling and record keeping
- Maintain equipment, instruments and supplies as needed.
- Comply with all quality assurance policies and Occupation Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations related to safety, cleanliness, and infection control.
- Any other tasks as assigned by administration.
1. Successful completion of medical technologist, medical laboratory assistant program or commensurate clinical laboratory experience
- Certified Medical Assistant, preferred.