Junior Buyer/ExpeditorLampton Welding Supply Co., Inc.
Responsible for expediting open orders to ensure delivery commitments are met & assisting with purchasing product as necessary for the operation of the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare priority purchase orders and submit to vendors for processing.
- Contact vendors to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve possible shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems.
- Review vendor confirmations to verify accuracy, terminology, and specifications.
- Effectively manage the purchase order replenishment process with a focus on matching inventory levels with needs of our customers.
- Work effectively with all levels of staff to support purchasing and business demands.
- Monitor in-house inventory movement and transfer merchandise when necessary to service both internal and external customers.
- Assist with other duties or responsibilities as may be assigned.
- Ability to coordinate multiple activities and projects simultaneously and prioritize work
- Attention to detail, accuracy and the ability to handle time sensitive projects or orders
- Strong time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to be self-directed and self-motivated, as well as work with a Team
- Strong oral & written communication and math skills.
QUALIFICATIONS: High School diploma or equivalent. 1-3 years purchasing experience preferred. Previous welding industry and/or inventory experience preferred.