Route Delivery DriverLampton Welding Supply Co., Inc.
Insure the correct, timely and safe delivery of Lampton Welding Supply products to customer locations. Represent the company in a professional manner while interfacing with customers on product, delivery, pricing or related issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete and maintain logs and reports concerning deliveries and vehicle inspections.
- Gather and coordinate (on a daily basis) customer billing papers, order requests and telephone answering machine messages regarding product delivery requirements.
- Complete the orderly product loading of vehicles which insures the efficient use of time and scheduling of delivery routes.
- Deliver products to customers while abiding by load safety, DOT and general safe driving guidelines.
- Where possible, listen to and resolve customer complaints. When necessary, provide feedback to office regarding customer complaints or issues on pricing, quality, credit or need for sales representative follow-up.
- Complete daily pick-up and unloading of cylinder product empties from the customer. Insure the amount returned matches the number of those delivered.
- Maintain the proper cleanliness of assigned vehicles and carefully complete pre and post-trip vehicle inspections.
- Plan and organize truck loads and delivery schedules.
- Assist with such other duties or responsibilities as may be assigned.
- Capable of completing basic mathematical calculations and entering correct information on logs and other reports.
- Able to move or lift products and materials, up to 75 lbs.
- Capable of working in diverse and often times unpleasant weather and working conditions.
- Position requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and climbing.
- Must have valid driver's license.
- Class A or B CDL with HAZMAT and air brake endorsement preferred, but will train the right person. High School diploma or equivalent.
- Previous welding experience preferred.
- History of safe driving as exhibited by state MVR reports.