Manager of AvionicsMayo Aviation
Tired of being #2? Are you ready to be part of a well-established company where you'll have the opportunity to make a significant impact? Do you enjoy coaching a team of talented individuals? If so, we need to talk! Mayo Aviation is looking for up and coming talent to fill the Avionics Manager role.
We Offer Some Great Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical, dental, & vision insurance benefits within the first 30 days
- 401(K) retirement
- eligible within the first 30 days
- 100% employer paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- 100% employer paid life insurance policy
- Legal Shield/ID Shield
- A fun environment where we take the time to laugh, and provide the best experience possible for our staff, who we consider to be family
- A generous Paid Time Off (PTO) Package
- Career growth and advancement
- And more!
About Mayo Aviation:
Mayo Aviation has been providing private chartered jets since 1978, with locations in Centennial and Aspen, Colorado. With convenient locations, this allows our customers to not worry about flight delays, poor customer service, waiting in long lines or being cramped on an aircraft. Mayo Aviation guarantees the highest level of customer satisfaction in the industry. We also provide a broad range of fleet options to meet any customers' needs, whether that is for a business trip or family vacation. Our aircrafts offer luxury and comfort that cannot be matched.
The Avionics Manager is responsible for creating and maintaining a safe work environment, managing costs and delivery a quality aircraft on time. Also, for planning and oversight of all avionics activities on assigned aircraft to ensure that they are installed and maintained in accordance with all regulatory requirements and company policies. The Avionics Manager is essential member of an award-winning service delivery team who ensures each aircraft is meticulously maintained, immaculate, and safe for flight. This will be a diverse role where you will be responsible for interviewing, coaching, performance reviews, scheduling, and communicating with clients, pilots and vendors. Great communication to all levels of staff is essential to the success of the Avionics Manager.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that avionics technicians understand the scope of work to be accomplished and the scheduled date of completion.
- Ensure that all department equipment and tooling is serviced and is calibrated when required.
- Engage employees in professional manner to develop the necessary skill sets through training and mentoring.
- Knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations 14 CFR Part 65 and 145
- Full understanding of aviation safety standards and safe operating practices
- Proven ability to set priorities, communicate objectives and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Assist in sales of product to retail customers
- Review time entrees daily to ensure accurate billing and manage non-revenue times
- Participate in daily morning production meeting to ensure coordination of work between departments
- Review work orders daily to evaluate status and efficiency
- Promote excellence, commitment, accountability, and teamwork throughout the avionics department.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including team-building, coaching and people development.
- Works with Maintenance Manager and Chief inspector to enhance team interaction and process development
- Works with Turboprop Program Manager and Chief inspector to enhance team interaction and process development
- Communicate with employee's information passed down from upper management.
- Interact daily with employees and management team to build a safe environment
- Schedule, direct and plan department activities to ensure that the work is completed on the scheduled delivery date and with the highest standard of quality.
- Coordinate incoming maintenance requirements with the General Manager and Maintenance Supervisors.
- Responsible for oversight of all avionics sales efforts, providing estimates and quotes for avionics system sales and installations.
- Ensure that avionics technicians maintain a professional appearance and etiquette which reflects the high standards of the company.
- Evaluate and oversee training program to ensure all avionics personnel are trained in the appropriate work procedures, safety practices, and repair station policies.
- Expert level knowledge of standard practices for inspection and maintenance of aircraft electrical wiring systems-- ASTM F2799 and ASTM F2696
- Communicate timely and accurate aircraft status information to client, lead pilots and flight control personnel
- Reviews and manages daily KPI reports/report cards
- Manage the department safety processes to ensure all requirements are met and employees are injury free - Coordinate and track the department aircraft schedule to accurately determine manpower allocation and needs
- Develop department initiatives, action plans and timelines to support the company's strategic business plan.
- Attend seminars and conventions to be aware and educated of new avionics changes in the industry.
- Build strong working relationships with vendors, distributors, and sales representatives.
- Work with Management team to evaluate future product lines and requirements for implementation
- Develop processes and standard operating procedures to drive quality and efficiency
- Work with Repair Station General Manager and department managers to develop a cohesive work structure
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor's degree in Aviation Maintenance or similar subject, or 10 years of equivalent work experience is required
- 5-7 years management/supervisory experience is preferred
- Previous corporate aircraft experience preferred
- Corridor software experience preferred