Registered NursesMcPherson Hospital, Inc.
Responsible for planning, developing, and administering health information systems throughout the facility to ensure compliance with accrediting and regulatory agencies. In addition, the HIM Director acts as the HIPAA Privacy Officer for the facility and oversees all on going activities related to the development, implementation, maintenance, and adherence to the organizations policies and procedures to ensure the privacy of, and access to, patient health information in compliance with federal and state laws.
Shift: Full-time/80 Hours every 2 weeks
- Supervises Health Information Management personnel and assigns duties to ensure accurate and timely completion of transcription, coding, and all aspects of record management (assembly, abstracting, storage, and release).
- Develops, maintains, and enforces H.I.M. policies and procedures to comply with state and federal regulations, as well as McPherson Hospital policies and procedures.
- Analyzes the departments needs and establishes objectives to address those needs, ensuring the consistency with organizational initiatives. Ensures proper processes are in place to accomplish the objectives.
- Recruits and retains employees whose knowledge, commitment and work ethic will contribute to the hospital's growth. Promotes continuing education and works with employees to identify personal goals, expectations, and accountabilities. Advances employee satisfaction and morale by listening and empowering.
- Prepares annual budget requests for the department and carefully manages budgeted resources, thereby contributing to the financial viability of McPherson Hospital.
- Monitors changes in federal and state laws, as well as accreditation standards, to promote organizational readiness for compliance with new health information management and privacy regulations.
- Minimum Associates degree in Health Information Management or equivalent formal training program.
- Bachelor's Degree in Health Information Management administration or comparable degree program preferred.
- Licensure required: Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA).
- 3-5 years managerial experience preferred.
- Knowledge of ICD-10 CM, 1CD-10 PCS, and CPT coding systems, computer/word processing experience, knowledge of medical terminology, and HIPAA privacy knowledge, preferred.