Metal Arts LLC is seeking a SR. WELDER/FITTER for the Structural Steel industry. Metal Arts is looking for leaders in our industry, who want to make an impact on a growing small business.
A SR. WELDER/FITTER at Metal Arts is required to perform the following duties:
- Read Structural Drawings and layout any structural component that is assigned to them at an efficient pace, with high quality
- Inspect all parts provided to them for fitting, in order to ensure high quality
- Visually and/or Dimensionally inspect peer constructed components for quality and accuracy
- Provide other non-SR. Welder/Fitters with assistance when requested
- As a SR. member, instruction and guidance of non-SR. members is required
- Maintain a thorough understanding of all weld symbols and mark each structural component properly to be welded
- Maintain a thorough understanding of structural drawings and be capable of pointing out possible issues, missing items, out of tolerance parts, or general errors to the quality or detailing department
- Maintain a working knowledge of AWS and AISC requirements for Structural Steel
- Maintain a working knowledge of weld quality requirements and visual acceptance
- Pass welding tests for any welding procedure and positions required (Metal Arts uses primarily GMAW or MIG welding, as well as FCAW)
- Welder/Fitter is at times required to weld components and at times send components to a separate station for welding
- When necessary, layout and fabricate miscellaneous parts for structural components
- If a part is missing or out of tolerance, the welder/fitter shall at times fabricate the required parts in order to speed up production, including clip angles, plates, bent plates, etc.
- Maintain a high level of competence with the shop cranes, forklifts, and rigging equipment
- Maintain capability to operate at a basic level all shop machinery:
- Torch & Handheld Plasma Cutter
- Fabrication Hand Tools
- All Welding Machines
- Assist in miscellaneous shop duties as required, Metal Arts is a small business and all employees are required to help in any way they can during busy or short-handed periods. We try to limit these occurrences; however, they are inevitable.
- Running the Bandsaw
- Running the Ironworker
- Cleaning the Shop
- Loading Trucks
- Unloading Trucks
- Inspecting and Cleaning Shop Machinery
- Adhere to all company policies and maintain a minimum of absences and tardiness
- Sr. Employees are expected to set an example for their peers
- Maintain a positive attitude and ensure that Metal Arts is a positive environment to work in, free of unnecessary conflicts and issues.
Metal Arts offers a full range of benefits including Medical Insurance, Retirement Programs, and Paid Uniform Service. If you are interested in this position please bring your resume to Metal Arts, or call and schedule an Interview. You can find more information about Metal Arts on our website: http://www.metalartsllc.com/metalartsllc