Structural FitterMetal Arts, LLC
Metal Arts is looking for leaders in our industry, who want to make an impact on a growing small business.
Pay Range: $15.00 - $18.00 depending upon Structural Experience.
Fitting experience is required for this position.
A FITTER at Metal Arts is required to perform the following duties:
- Read Structural Drawings and layout any structural component that is assigned to them at an efficient pace, with high quality
- Inspect all parts provided to them for fitting, in order to ensure high quality
- Maintain a thorough understanding of all weld symbols and mark each structural component properly to be welded
- Maintain a thorough understanding of structural drawings and be capable of pointing out possible issues, missing items, out of tolerance parts, or general errors to the quality or detailing department
- Maintain a working knowledge of AWS and AISC requirements for Structural Steel
- Maintain a working knowledge of weld quality requirements and visual acceptance
- Pass welding tests for any welding procedure and positions required (Metal Arts uses primarily GMAW or MIG welding, as well as FCAW)
- Fitters may either weld their own parts or send them to a separate station for welding depending upon workload
- When necessary, layout and fabricate miscellaneous parts for structural components
- If a part is missing or out of tolerance, the welder/fitter shall at times fabricate the required parts in order to speed up production, including clip angles, plates, bent plates, etc.
- Maintain a high level of competence with the shop cranes, forklifts, and rigging equipment
- Maintain capability to operate at a basic level all shop machinery:
- Torch & Handheld Plasma Cutter
- Fabrication Hand Tools
- All Welding Machines
- Adhere to all company policies and maintain a minimum of absences and tardiness
- Maintain a positive attitude and ensure that Metal Arts is a positive environment to work in, free of unnecessary conflicts and issues.
Metal Arts offers a full range of benefits including Medical Insurance, Retirement Programs, and Paid Uniform Service.