Structural Steel DetailerMetal Arts, LLC
Metal Arts LLC is seeking a STRUCTURAL STEEL DETAILER for the Structural Steel industry. Metal Arts is looking for leaders in our industry, who want to make an impact on a growing small business.
The ideal Steel Detailer will be someone with at least five years of experience in this field. We are looking for a candidate who can begin detailing immediately. Experience with 3D steel detailing programs is required, experience must be with Tekla or SDS/2. Experience with Tekla is highly preferred as Metal Arts details all projects in Tekla.
- Salary Position
- Pay range $35,000 to $60,000 depending on experience
A STRUCTURAL STEEL DETAILER at Metal Arts is required to perform the following duties:
- Create 3D models of structural steel from architectural and structural drawings supplied by the customer/contractor
- Create shop and erection drawings from 3D models and/or architectural and structural drawings supplied by the customer/contractor
- Create RFI's for any missing or conflicting information and submit to the general contractor
- Interact with Joist and Decking suppliers to ensure structural integrity and accuracy
- Work with internal QC to answer any questions or update drawings
- Submit drawings to the customer/contractor for approval
- Update drawings based on internal and customer/contractor drawing approvals
- Interact with structural engineers as necessary to design connections and/or size structural members
- Meet specific deadlines for released shop drawings to ensure steel is fabricated on time
- Maintain a thorough understanding of all weld symbols for use on shop drawings
- Maintain a working knowledge of AWS and AISC requirements for Structural Steel
- Adhere to all company policies and maintain a minimum of absences and tardiness
- Maintain a positive attitude and ensure that Metal Arts is a positive environment to work in, free of unnecessary conflicts and issues.
Metal Arts offers a full range of benefits including Medical Insurance and Retirement Programs.