Structural Welder/FitterMetal Arts, LLC
Metal Arts LLC is seeking a WELDER/FITTER for the Structural Steel industry.
Metal Arts is looking for leaders in our industry, who want to make an impact on a growing small business.
- Hourly Position
- Pay range $12 to $16 per hour depending on experience
A WELDER/FITTER at Metal Arts is required to perform the following duties:
- Read Structural Drawings and layout any structural component that is assigned to them at an efficient pace, with high quality
- Inspect all parts provided to them for fitting, in order to ensure high quality
- Maintain a thorough understanding of all weld symbols and mark each structural component properly to be welded
- Maintain a thorough understanding of structural drawings and be capable of pointing out possible issues, missing items, out of tolerance parts, or general errors to the quality or detailing department
- Maintain a working knowledge of AWS and AISC requirements for Structural Steel
- Maintain a working knowledge of weld quality requirements and visual acceptance
- Pass welding tests for any welding procedure and positions required (Metal Arts uses primarily GMAW or MIG welding, as well as FCAW)
- Welder/Fitter is at times required to weld components and at times send components to a separate station for welding
- When necessary, layout and fabricate miscellaneous parts for structural components
- If a part is missing or out of tolerance, the welder/fitter shall at times fabricate the required parts in order to speed up production, including clip angles, plates, bent plates, etc.
- Maintain a high level of competence with the shop cranes, forklifts, and rigging equipment
- Maintain capability to operate at a basic level all shop machinery:
- Torch & Handheld Plasma Cutter
- Fabrication Hand Tools
- All Welding Machines
- Assist in miscellaneous shop duties as required, Metal Arts is a small business and all employees are required to help in any way they can during busy or short-handed periods. We try to limit these occurrences; however, they are inevitable.
- Running the Bandsaw
- Running the Ironworker
- Cleaning the Shop
- Loading Trucks
- Unloading Trucks
- Inspecting and Cleaning Shop Machinery
- Adhere to all company policies and maintain a minimum of absences and tardiness
- Maintain a positive attitude and ensure that Metal Arts is a positive environment to work in, free of unnecessary conflicts and issues.
Metal Arts offers a full range of benefits including Medical Insurance, Retirement Programs, and Paid Uniform Service.