Mid-America Orthopedics Kansas City
Medical Assistant / Full-Time:
Mid-America Orthopedics Kansas City is accepting resumes for full-time medical assistant in our Leawood Kansas office. Minimum 1-2 years’ experience working in a clinic or hospital setting required, orthopedic or physiatry experience preferred. The successful candidate will also have previous experience in taking x-rays. Registered MA or LPN preferred. Must be proficient in medical terminology.
A strong aptitude for multi-tasking in a fast paced environment is required. Must have excellent customer service skills and be results driven.
Medical Assistant Job Duties:
- Saves ophthalmologist's time by helping with office procedures such as laser surgeries, tear duct probes.
- Secures patient information and maintains patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; completing diagnostic coding and procedure coding; keeping patient information confidential.
- Counsels patients by transmitting physician's orders and questions about surgery.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Serves and protects the ophthalmogy practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; recording medical history; confirming purpose of visit.
- Schedules surgeries by making arrangements with the surgical center; verifying times with patients; preparing charts, pre-admission and consent forms.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Prepares patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests; taking blood pressure, weight, and temperature; reporting patient history summary.
- Enhances practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Medical Assistant Skills and Qualifications:
Supply Management, Verbal Communication, Infection Control, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Organization, Scheduling
Mid-America Orthopedics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mid-America Orthopedics complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.