Mid Continent Controls is hiring for experienced Electronic Sub-Assemblers and Final Assemblers who have experience in surface-mount and through-hole soldering of electronic components for full-time employment at our facility in Derby, KS. The Electronic Assembler will be required to perform precision hand assembly builds pertaining to the manufacture of electronic devices including switch panels and cabin control devices for our customers in the business jet industry.
Experience: At least 1 year experience in electronics assembly with demonstrated soldering skills (including through hole and/or surface mount) is required, with preference given to applicants with industry-related experience in Electronics assembly. Employee is expected to acquire the necessary information and skills to perform the job reasonably well within 90 days in the position.
Education: High school diploma or GED preferred.
Skills: Skills expected include demonstrated soldering skills, ability to read engineering blueprints and manufacturing documentation, knowledge of electronic assembly, ability to perform self-inspection of work visually and using microscopes. Working knowledge of microscopes, oscilloscopes, and miscellaneous test equipment are required.
- Solders components onto printed circuit boards via hand.
- Reads manufacturing documentation such as blueprints, process sheets and assembly and schematic drawings, receives verbal instructions regarding work assignment, and follows instructions.
- Performs assembly at the final-assembly level of some products.
- Performs visual self-inspection of work.
- Uses hand tools to perform final assembly of products.
- Examines parts for defects such as pinholes or chips.
- Repairs defective units rejected by inspection or test personnel.
- Cuts wires and builds wire harnesses.
- Cuts printed circuit boards and grinds corners.
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary or as required.
Full benefits package including medical/dental, life insurance, 401(k), paid vacation and sick leave, and 9 paid holidays each year. Please submit your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.