MachinistNorthern Natural Gas
This is a multi-level posting. Candidates may be considered for any of the posted levels, depending on their level of experience and depth of expertise.
This position is responsible for performing highly skilled, precise duplication and fabrication of original parts from drawings, prints or models by programming and operating computer numerically controlled machine tools and operating manually controlled machines in a timely manner with no intervention to meet the needs of Northern's field operations as well as contracted external customers to assure optimum availability, quality and efficiency in a safe manner and/or combining machining skills and mechanical knowledge required to successfully analyze work required to refurbish mechanical assemblies, determine and develop the required processes needed, and implement the plan successfully.
- Associate's degree in machining, mechanical or related technical field; or equivalent work experience. (Typically three years of related, progressive work experience would be needed for candidates applying for this position who do not possess an Associate's degree).
- Five or more years of related highly complex machinist experience.
- Must have a high degree of competency and mastery of the following equipment: program and operate Computer Numerically Controlled lathes, vertical milling machines, horizontal boring mills, and power band saw; precision lapping machine; cylindrical and horizontal spindle grinder; manual milling machines; manual engine lathes; hydraulic press; radial arm drills and drill press; arbor press; precision measurement devices (Micrometer, gauge blocks); and specialized hand tools.
- Must have a high degree of competency and mastery of the application of machining skills and mechanical knowledge as it relates to the reconditioning of assemblies and components such as oil pumps, water pumps, turbine components, and reciprocating engine and compressor components.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to effectively utilize applicable company software and Microsoft Office programs.
- Musts be able to identify work priorities, meet deadlines and function with little or no supervision.
- Effectively perform high tolerance work in a hot, noisy environment within time expectations.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be willing to work overtime on short notice when required to meet production deadlines.
- Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without an accommodation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.