Human Resources Generalist
Human Resources Generalist
The Human Resources Generalist provides strategic and hands-on support in the areas of recruitment and onboarding, employee relations, compliance, benefits, compensation analysis, payroll, and training.
- Partners with hiring managers and University administration in defining position descriptions, sourcing candidates, interview processes, candidate selection, background screening and/or drug screens, employment offers, and appointment letters.
- Organizes and implements the onboarding process for new hires, conducts orientation, presents and explains benefit offerings, and provides employees with a welcoming and inclusive experience.
- Processing and data entry of personnel changes.
- Assists with Human Resources events including Employee Recognition, Opening Day, Benefits Fair, etc.
- Provides employee relations support for employees and managers to include resolving issues, disciplinary matters, investigations, and terminations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in Human Resources talent management and employment law.
- Ability to answer routine benefits questions and assist with benefits enrollment.
- Assists Human Resources Director with University compensation analysis and change implementation as needed.
- Assists with University payroll entry and auditing.
- Develops and delivers various Human Resources trainings.
- Assists Human Resources Director in maintaining departmental budget and University budget analysis
- Facilitates scheduled performance review process.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and customer service skills
- Flexibility to respond quickly to changing job demands and prioritizing multiple responsibilities
- Strong working knowledge of employment, wage & labor law
- Ability to problem solve and critically analyze complex issues
- Detail-oriented, accurate, organized, and able to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and exhibit a high level of professionalism
- Working knowledge of human resources practices and processes
- Knowledge of recruiting practices and processes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products and employee data and/or recruitment database systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Business, or related field.
- At least five years of progressive work experience in HR or similar office.
- Proven ability to provide a high level of service and commitment to others.
- Experience within a higher education setting or related field.
- Prior experience working with Banner ERP system.
To view full description and apply online go to: https://jobs.onu.edu/postings/10321
ONU is an equal employment opportunity employer