Insurance Billing Specialist
WE HAVE THE JOB YOU’VE BEEN LOOKING FOR!
- Great company. OBS placed first or second as best place to work in Wichita for the last five years.
- Want Fridays off? You can set your own work schedule.
- Want to be an expert in your field? We train you to rock your new career as an insurance billing specialist, no prior experience required.
- Potential to work from home.
- FUN-tastic work environment.
What does a typical day look like? You'll be:
- Filing claims to insurance companies
- Posting insurance payments
- Following up on unpaid accounts
- Working with clinics to help answer their questions about claims
- Analyzing and interpreting clinic trends
Who do we want? Someone who:
- Possess a positive attitude
- Cooperates well with others
- Is able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Exhibits outstanding time management skills
- Has strong computer skills and high attention to detail
Want to learn more about Optometric Billing Solutions?
Optometric Billing Solutions is a nationally recognized insurance billing company offering full service, off-site billing for optometrists around the country. We currently serve clinics in 39 states, and thanks to our extensive training program, our billers understand optometric billing procedures better than anyone in the country!
We are always looking for bright people who want to grow with us! If you learn quickly and can retain new information, are self-managing with good attention to detail, and take pride in doing a job well, then we’d like to visit with you! We love hiring people with billing or medical practice backgrounds, but some of our best billers and managers came with no experience in the field! All new billers go through a rigorous eight week training program designed to make them experts in the field of optometric billing. We don’t just offer our new staff a job; we offer them a professional career!
Optometric Billing Solutions is a great place to work–and it’s just not our staff who thinks so! The Wichita Business Journal recently recognized OBS as the Best Place to Work in Wichita for companies with 25-100 employees. What an honor! OBS was nominated by our staff members for the award, and our first place finish was the result of how high our employees scored OBS on job satisfaction surveys. Our employees love working at OBS, and we love their dedication and commitment to our company and clients!
Here are some of the reasons why OBS is such a great place to work:
- A fun, supportive environment in a company that always puts the needs of their staff first!
- A flexible work schedule. Employees set their own hours!
- Opportunities to advance within a thriving company
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Flex time off. When life hits you with emergencies, you can take a few extra days without being penalized!
- Cost sharing for employee and family health insurance
- Inexpensive vision and dental insurance
- Eye exams and glasses at substantial savings through one of our local partners
- Paid life insurance
- Discounted YMCA memberships
- Incentive and team-building rewards
- Random, whacky fun, with or without a reason! Each week for Thrill me Thursday we take off time from work to line dance, eat ice cream sundaes, have chair races, or play charades! We love holidays, from Valentine parties to May Baskets to Twelve Days of Christmas! And we love to eat good food; hence, our monthly pot luck luncheons!
- Family events: Our staff loves the casino night Christmas parties, and our children love the Halloween parties and Kids Carnival!
- We also enjoy giving back to the community, and many of our staff members have formed teams to support charitable events, including Go Red for Women’s Heart Health and Race for the Cure against cancer.