Outpatient Registered NursesPrairie View
Prairie View is a Behavioral & Mental Health Facility and we are excited to be recruiting for a Registered Nurse for our Outpatient office in East Wichita! This position is full-time with great benefits.
The hours are Monday-Thursday 7:45am to 5:00pm; and Friday 7:45am to 1:00pm.
- Must be a graduate of a state accredited school (BSN preferred).
- Must be registered & in good standing with the Kansas State Board of Nursing.
- One year experience working with adult and older adult population in psychiatric nursing capacity.
- Must have good listening skills, verbal skills, and written communication skills to document and communicate therapeutically with patients and staff.
- Must be willing to have some flexibility in scheduling, to meet patient and organization needs.
- Provide excellent nursing services to the Legacy Park - East Wichita Office, including patient phone calls regarding medications and side effects, monitoring patients' ongoing overall status, administering medication, providing sample medication, etc., as requested by physician
- Must have knowledge about medications and their side effects, or at least the ability to obtain the information quickly
- Serve as nursing resource to staff and patients, including providing education
- Identifies maladaptive or pathological responses
- Promotes independence, interdependence and responsibility for self and maintains the therapeutic and safe milieu
- Must be able to observe and interact in a positive, non-judgmental, non-reactive manner with patients, family members, patient caregivers and staff
- Complete and document accurate and ongoing assessments of patient's status and respond appropriately