Junior Research Administrator
Junior Research Administrator
Employment is with The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for the University at Albany.
Description of Duties:
The Junior Research Administrator (JRA) will be an active member of the proposal specialist team and/or award management team and serves as the primary point of contact for assigned proposals and/or award management. In collaboration with the RA/Senior RA, the JRA establishes a good working relationship with faculty to obtain, review and complete all campus documents pertaining to proposal submission and subsequent award. S/he provides guidance and support to faculty, students and staff by interpreting and applying award terms and conditions, processing awards, and seeking sponsor approval when required.
- Works closely and collaboratively with University faculty and staff assisting with proposal preparation to a variety of sponsoring agencies such as federal and state agencies, foundations, and other public entities. Interprets sponsor requirements and guidelines, assists with budget preparation, reviews proposal documents to be submitted to sponsors for appropriateness and compliance. Review of internal campus documents for proper eligibility, waiver approvals and identification of potential risks. Liaison between faculty and sponsoring agencies on behalf of the Research Foundation. Reviews award documents, identifies sponsor terms and conditions, and prepares award for set-up in RF Business System. Coordinates with other Research Division staff to work collaboratively to provide superior, professional service to the campus.
- Participates in the programmatic monitoring of awards, gives guidance to faculty to assure proper stewardship of funds received, works with departmental administrator, and the SPA team throughout the life of a sponsored project. Ensure that PI’s submit timely and accurate reports specified in the award.
- Assist in development, implementation and communication of internal operating procedures and practices within SPA and to external participants. Actively participates in team meetings, system implementation efforts and on-going process improvement.
Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized accrediting organization and 1-2 years administrative experience related to research administration, research support, federal, state and/or industry related proposal submissions OR an Associate’s degree and 3-4 years administrative experience related to research administration, research support, federal, state and/or industry related proposal submissions OR a High School diploma and 5-6 years of administrative experience related to: research administration, research support, federal, state and/or industry related proposal submissions.
- Experience navigating Microsoft products or online databases.
- Strong verbal, written, organizational and time management skills as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to interact effectively with a diverse constituency and be customer service oriented.
- Must have a high level of professionalism and self-confidence to relate to faculty as colleagues and to represent the RF-SUNY in the administration of sponsored activities.
- Professional experience in a Higher Education setting with knowledge of regulations that govern federal research funding and related areas of regulatory compliance, federal circulars, and associated typical administrative terms and conditions.
- Designation of Certified Research Administrator (CRA) or Certified Pre-Award Administrator (CPRA)
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application. To apply, go to http://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=169354
Closing date for receipt of applications: until position is filled
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the following website for the complete Annual Security Report (“Clery Report”): http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, The Research Foundation for SUNY will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.
The Research Foundation for The State University of New York offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.