Temporary CashiersRhatigan Student Center
Receives payment in the form of cash, checks, wire transfers, or credit/debit card transactions for goods or services purchased and assists customers with various questions typically related to the payment, account balance, or item(s) purchased. This position requires excellent customer service skills, the ability to operate general office equipment, accurate money-handling, and basic understanding of computer software. Will work at the WSU and WATC Bookstores.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enter or scan purchased items into cash register or computer system in order to calculate total purchase price or amount due.
- Balance cash drawer and receipts at the end of the shift and document any discrepancies.
- Manage creation and maintenance of customer accounts.
- Prepare payment vouchers, receipts, deposit slips, and related documents which record cash transactions.
- Accept cash, checks, wire transfers, or credit cards for payment and complete check and credit card transactions according to established guidelines.
- Process accurate transactions (e.g. counting money, giving a receipt).
- Facilitate positive customer service through greeting customers and answering any questions.
- Request customer identification for specific transactions such as credit card and check payments, applicable discounts, and requests for account information.
- Maintain cleanliness and stock of work area.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Open interviews start December 18th at the Rhatigan Student Center (WSU), Room 244 at 1845 N Fairmount.
Rhatigan Student Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer