CDL Delivery Driver / WarehouseSchimberg Co.
Delivery drivers are the face of the Schimberg Co. and an extension of the sales team. While delivering material to customer job sites daily, drivers are responding to each customer’s individual needs and serving a valuable role in forming lasting relationships. We are looking for a career-minded individual who enjoys flexing between warehouse and delivery duties to join our warehouse and delivery team.
Schimberg Co. is a leading distributor of pipe, valves, and fittings (PVF) in the Midwest. We are a family-owned company that has been in business for 100 years. With five locations, we serve a variety of customers across the Midwest. We strive to create long-lasting relationships with our vendors, customers and employees by upholding traditional values such as hard work, integrity, trust, responsibility, and taking ownership in everything we do.
This is a full-time position working Monday through Friday, daytime hours, with overtime as needed. All routes are local or regional and drivers return home daily.
- Load, secure, and transport materials to customer job sites using pick up trucks, flatbed straight trucks, and/or flatbed tractor/trailer combo units
- Provide a positive customer experience
- Assist with loading and unloading materials at customer job sites
- Complete shipping documents
- Comply with all Federal, State, and company transportation regulations
- Assist with unloading and stocking inventory, picking inventory to fill orders and staging orders for delivery
- Operation of forklifts & order pickers required with occasional heavy lifting
- Experience working in warehouse/distribution environment preferred.
- Experience operating forklifts and order pickers preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs regularly, up to 100 lbs occasionally.
- Valid Class B CDL required. Class A CDL preferred.
- Must pass pre-employment background and MVR screens
- Pass DOT-regulated drug screen and medical exam
Candidates familiar with the PVF industry through experience in construction, industrial maintenance, or plumbing are encouraged to apply. Equal opportunity employer.