Payroll AdministratorScholfield Corporate LLC
Wichita, KS Full time
Posted on January 17, 2018
- Much contact with people in all dealership teams
- Considerable telephone work
- Considerable paperwork, filing
- Considerable teamwork skills
- Detail-oriented work
- Compiles payroll data such as hours worked; sales volume, bonuses, and commissions; monies to be withheld for taxes; employee contributions to insurance and retirement plans; etc., from time sheets and other records.
- Updates master payroll records by verifying and recording changes affecting net wages such as federal and state tax exemptions, insurance coverage, etc., and data concerning compensation increases, promotions, and/or transfer of employees between departments.
- Computes wages and deductions, reviews for accuracy, and posts to payroll records.
- Prepares and issues paychecks.
- Keeps records of leave pay and nontaxable wages.
- Prepares periodic reports of earnings, taxes and deductions.
- Maintains records for vacation and personal-day eligibility.
- Processes all employee insurance payments in coordination with the payroll manager.
- Maintains professional appearance and neat work area.
What the Worker Is Like
- Are able to interact courteously with customers over the phone or in person.
- May have worked in a small office, as a mail clerk or secretary.
- Are detailed-oriented individuals who work patiently in situations in which accuracy is required and work comfortably in team situations or independently.
- Are experienced clerically and are capable of typing, filing, filling out forms, preparing reports, and working with many different kinds of office equipment.
- Can prioritize under time pressure
What the Work Is Like
- Takes place in various departmental offices.
- Involves predictable work hours and varied work flow from day to day.
- Is characterized by frequent high-pressure situations.
- Requires working closely with others.
- Entails learning and following policies and procedures
Preffered experince: 3-5 years with multiple payrolls, ADP, General Accounting