Assistant Crew ForemanSCKEDD
Multiple Positions Available
A great career opportunity with competitive wages and excellent benefits.
SCKEDD, a non-profit organization, seeks to hire an Assistant Crew Foreman for the Weatherization Program. You will work under the supervision of an experienced Crew Lead. A valid driver's license and the ability to be insured is required. Tools, equipment and transportation to job sites will be provided. Our crews work four 10-hour days, Monday through Thursday with a 30 minute lunch break. Flexibility in work schedule is a must as our service coverage area is the majority of the southern portion of Kansas. Travel and over-nights may be required periodically throughout the year to assist in serving our out-of-county clients. Opportunities for growth are available. We are looking for hard working and energetic applicants. Hourly wage scale is from $15.81 - $21.24 per hour but rate is negotiable based on experience.
There will be a mandatory 90-day probationary period.
- Arrive at 7 a.m. each day to load equipment and material onto a company truck and drive to the job site.
- Prepare the job site, including lead safety, while treating the customer's property with the utmost of care.
- Perform various air sealing measures and insulation work as directed in attics, basements, crawlspaces, interior/exterior walls; this can include standing on ladders, prying away siding, drilling holes, crawling and kneeling in tight spaces, and holding hoses while blowing insulation.
- Thoroughly clean the job site and re-load the truck at the end of each day.
- Take proper care of all equipment, tools and inventory used to complete jobs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
- Weatherization and insulation experience preferred.
- Construction or carpentry experience preferred.
- A High School Diploma or GED, with some additional education or experience related to building science or construction trades preferred.
- Ability to work with hand and power tools and equipment.
- Comfortable working in tight spaces or on ladders, as well as in working in adverse weather conditions (hot, cold, rain, snow, wind, etc.).
- Valid driver's license and transportation are required.
- Regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement plan
- Group Health Insurance is available
- 4-day work week
- Paid training
- A valid driver's license. Suspended, revoked or invalid driver's licenses need not apply.
- Must be physically capable of performing tasks
- Must be dependable
- Neat and clean appearance
We operate a drug free work place and a pre-employment drug screen will be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the law.