Electromechanical EngineerSmith & Smith Aircraft International
Wichita, KS Full-time
Posted on May 4, 2019
- Lead and supervise production of motors, including winding, connections, schematics, and all sub assemblies.
- Prepare working layouts, complete analysis and calculations related to electrical components and motors.
- Resolve design issues and process engineering change orders, as required.
- Address mechanical integration issues and knowledge of solving problems as they arise.
- Perform customer specification reviews and provide feedback on product performance gaps.
- Keep current on new developments of electric motors and related electrical power electronics, and analysis tools.
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with emphasis on DC motors.
- 7+ years of experience in electric motor design and production.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of electric and mechanical hardware related to DC motors.
- Design & development background in Electric Motors, Power Electronics & Controls.
- Motor design experience is preferred with a strong emphasis in actual product assembly, development activities and troubleshooting issues.
- Working knowledge of setting up and running motor performance tests.