Director of MarketingSouthwestern College
Southwestern College Professional Studies, Wichita, KS seeks a Director of Marketing with a thorough understanding of key target market(s) to provide direction and oversight for developing, deploying, enhancing and monitoring marketing initiatives and tactical plans. This position will serve as a 'front-line' marketing resource person staying abreast of both traditional channels and new media while employing a series of metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of marketing initiatives and materials while continually measuring return on Investment (ROI).
The Director of Marketing will also oversee and manage the position of Public Relations and Social Media Coordinator. Driving Growth
- Plan and implement all day-to-day marketing activities. Identify specific markets, media and messages that reach individuals interested in programs offered by SCPS delineating specific goals, objectives and outcomes to ensure marketing activities produce results in alignment with organizational goals.
- Develop integrated marketing plan for SCPS including focus on web and digital marketing.
- Execute all marketing initiatives in order to reach and exceed college enrollment goals, including work with vendors as appropriate.
- Build effective media contacts Analysis.
- Employ a series of metrics to evaluate effectiveness of marketing initiatives.
- Manage, track, and report on marketing expenses and budget Strategy Development and Deployment.
- Ensure all marketing collateral are continually up-to-date and 'on-brand'.
- Assist with concept development of marketing materials (e.g., course schedule, degree sheets, brochures, posters, conference displays) and actively maintain throughout program lifecycle.
- Review and develop a full range of marketing initiatives (e,g., learner referral communications, alumni referral communications, micro-websites)
- Play a key role in the development of overall communication strategy Collaboration.
- Identify and develop relationships with internal and external partners for implementation support (e.g., graphic design, website design, copy writing, photography, press, releases, interactive marketing)
- Provide a professional, collegial atmosphere when representing Professional Studies to the general public, campus offices, faculty members, learners and other staff members.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Implement an Internal communication plan Experience.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or a closely related field required: master's degree preferred.
- Four to five years of marketing experience with a proven track record.
- Solid technical background (e.g., web development standards, database knowledge, email, internet marketing, search engine optimization)
- Exposure to the areas of traditional marketing, communications and brand development.
- Understanding of relevant marketing research tools Qualities.
- Results oriented and eager to take ownership of initiatives while collaborating with relevant stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to work collaboratively both internally and externally.
- Driven to meet and/or exceed learner expectations - Understanding or experience with adult education preferred.
Southwestern College is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer.