Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager
About The State University of New York :
The State University of New York is the largest comprehensive system of higher education in the United States, and more than 95 percent of all New Yorkers live within 30 miles of any one of SUNY's 64 colleges and universities. Across the system, SUNY has four academic health centers, five hospitals, four medical schools, two dental schools, a law school, the state's only college of optometry, and manages one US Department of Energy National Laboratory. In total, SUNY serves about 1.4 million students amongst its entire portfolio of credit- and non-credit-bearing courses and programs, continuing education, and community outreach programs. SUNY oversees nearly a quarter of academic research in New York. Research expenditures system-wide are nearly $1.1 billion in fiscal year 2022, including significant contributions from students and faculty. There are more than three million SUNY alumni worldwide, and one in three New Yorkers with a college degree is a SUNY alum. To learn more about how SUNY creates opportunities, visit www.suny.edu.
The State University of New York (SUNY) seeks a full-time social media manager who will oversee daily social media activity across SUNY System Administration's official social media accounts, ensuring quality, engaging, on-brand content that advances the mission of SUNY and the priorities of the Office of the Chancellor. This position reports to the Assistant Chancellor for Marketing and Creative Strategy and will work closely with colleagues in the Office of Press and Communications to coordinate social media from strategy through copywriting, design, multimedia production, posting, and analysis.
Job duties and responsibilities include:
- Manage access to all official social media accounts run by the Office of Press and Communications at SUNY System Administration
- Advise on policy and best practices for systemwide use of social media
- Maintain a detailed social media content calendar and ensure timely execution of social media plans in support of communications and marketing goals
- Lead the development of engaging, meaningful social media content tailored to the needs of SUNY's audiences and the strengths of each platform
- Serve as lead content writer for organic social media, executing the appropriate voice and tone for content across accounts and platforms
- Supervise a team of 1-3 digital content specialists to produce daily social media content
- Coordinate content development among colleagues throughout SUNY System Administration and across SUNY's 64 campuses to feed official SUNY social media platforms, ensuring quality, consistency, and timeliness
- Establish efficient workflows for content generation, review, approval, and posting when coordinating content from multiple departments and campuses
- Track social media performance against key metrics, providing both regular and on-demand analytics
- Collaborate with colleagues in the Office of Press and Communications to support integrated marketing efforts, including paid marketing campaigns
- Host social media webinars and other professional development programs for colleagues throughout the SUNY system.
- Research emerging social media trends, platforms, and best practices to recommend new approaches to engage SUNY's key audiences
- Occasionally travel to campuses and other locations to support the work of the Office of Press and Communications
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, or related field
- Minimum five years' experience in a social media management or coordinator role, including supervisory experience
- Thorough knowledge of social media platforms, trends, and best practices
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent writing skills, as demonstrated in a portfolio of work
This position requires occasional travel to campuses and other locations as necessary
State title: Senior Staff Assistant (SL3)
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications. Excellent Benefit Package which includes; NYS health insurance, free dental and vision, competitive retirement options, tuition assistance and generous vacation, sick and holiday accruals. Strong emphasis on work-life balance.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Interested candidates are invited to apply online. Please submit a cover letter, resume and four professional references when applying. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
State University of New York System Administration is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction, or retaliation.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide their current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com