Executive Director of Human ResourcesSusan B Allen Memorial Hospital
- Plans the operation of the department by determining the strategic direction of the department and establishing the budget. Sets goals and objectives, and formulates action plans to achieve these goals.
- Organizes the department by scheduling work assignments, establishing time frames, providing needed equipment and supplies, assigning authority and responsibility, and coordinating department activities.
- Influences organizational members by motivating employees, demonstrating leadership, promoting communication, and by supporting a team philosophy.
- Controls operation of department by establishing performance goals or standards, evaluating actual performance, managing budget compliance, assuring adherence to organizational policy and procedures, initiating disciplinary actions, and by meeting regulatory and/or accreditation standards.
- Reports to the CFO expense and revenue budget variations, statistical measures, Quality/Risk Management, activities, and unusual occurrences.
- Implements programs, policy and procedures, and educational endeavors to assure quality operation of the Hospital.
- Develops the department and employees by providing needs assessments and education.
- Provides Personnel Policy development and enforcement.
- Maintains Personnel Policies and makes revisions as needed. Communicates changes to all staff.
- Provides oversight to Performance Improvement processes, including performance appraisals, coaching, and disciplinary actions.
- Coordinates and processes compensation and benefit programs.
- Assist the CFO in development and administration of the Hospital's Employee Compensation and Benefit plans. Serves as the chair of the Employee Benefit Team. Makes recommendations for the Plan structure and Plan changes, monitoring Plan performance, reports issues and develops action plans to the CFO as needed.
- Serves on the Hospital's Employee Health Team and Wellness Advisory Team. Influences policy direction and plans various health and wellness activities for staff.
- Coordinates and processes employee health service to include pre-employment exams, on-the-job injuries, Workers Compensation Program, and OSHA reporting requirements.
- Provides legal oversight and expertise for employment law compliance with State and Federal Labor laws, Wage and Hour laws, Equal Opportunity, and American Disability Act (ADA).
- Partners with Leaders and give input to all employee disciplinary action documentation prior to presentation, editing as needed and insuring compliance with both hospital disciplinary policy and employment law.
- Provides direct oversight to the HR department.
QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Good interpersonal communication skills. Knowledge regarding basic management and personnel management skills.
Education: Graduation from a recognized college with a Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management. Human Resources or Business Administration is requires. Master's degree in Human Resources, Healthcare Administration or Business is preferred.
Experience: Progressive management experience of at least five (5) years in a healthcare HR Department required.
Code Blue Training: Ability to activate Code Blue system by dialing 200 required.
Requires manual dexterity, finger dexterity, eye-hand coordination, corrected vision and hearing to normal range, stressful working conditions, irregular hours, exposure to communicable diseases, exposure to hazardous materials, and the ability to distinguish letters or symbols, the use of office equipment such as computers, telephones, copiers, and fax machines, and the ability to motivate around the building. Requires occasional lifting and carrying up to 10 lbs, bending, pushing and pulling objects up to 10 pounds, twisting, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling and reaching. Requires frequent sitting and grasping. Requires repetitive movements such as typing and keyboard entry.
Work is predominantly scheduled during normal business hours Monday through Friday. However, weekend and evening hours may be required. Situations may arise where attendance is required at any hour.
For Benefit eligible positions we offer an excellent starting salary, competitive benefits including health, dental and life insurance, liberal paid time off, 401(k) plan, reduced cost YMCA membership and more. EOE/M/F/D/V