Local Media Consultant - Advertising SalesThe Wichita Eagle
We are developing a client focused sales culture, selling right results the right way, that utilizes best of breed marketing solutions designed to deliver results. Candidate will work with a high-impact sales team selling products and solutions that reach over 127,000 readers daily and over 1.5 million unique visitors monthly and growing. The Wichita Eagle is the largest local media company in the state of Kansas serving a market of 500,000+
We are seeking an experienced salesperson with a digital-first approach for our Local Media Consultant position. The local team focuses on account growth through prospecting clients who will benefit from our robust digital portfolio. The ideal candidate will be a quick learner with a drive to win, a commitment to excellence, and strong communications and customer service skills. Strong organizational and time management skills are a must.
As a Local Media Consultant you’ll have access to McClatchy’s entire product portfolio, with a heavy emphasis on digital media – a suite of products ranging from SEO, SEM, reputation management, targeted email, programmatic banner advertising, native advertising, video and content production, and more. This position reports to the Local and Digital Sales Manager of The Wichita Eagle/kansas.com.
- Targets and prospects new SMB business relationships with potential clients in the local market. Prospecting and cold-calling may take up 75-80% of new consultants’ time.
- Cultivates long-term business relationships with clients and potential clients while following a consultative sales process, from pre-call industry research to client interviews and discussions to proposal and campaign management.
- Drives digital-first media account growth for local accounts
- Reviews reporting, metrics and campaign success with customers as an ongoing process and works with our digital team to optimize campaigns as necessary
- Maintains excellent customer service and marketing expertise to existing book of business
- Builds professional, client-facing proposals for annual marketing strategies.
- Has complete working knowledge of the various advertising products (email marketing, programmatic buying, SEM, video, targeted display, pre-print, ROP, direct mail, print and deliver, magazines, etc.) in order to handle customer needs.
- Has complete working knowledge of team and department work-flow process, deadlines, and production requirements along with departmental policies.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Able to identify and capture new business revenue
- Understands each client and their unique business needs in order to provide ROI-impactful solutions
- Researches and provides insights to the clients
- Has deep understanding of local market & competitive landscapes
- Has good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Effective time management
- Strong Presentation skills
- Ability to prospect and gain rapport quickly with new clients
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong appointment setting and closing skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required. Marketing, advertising, and business degrees are preferred. High School diploma required.
· Two years of outside sales/B2B experience required. Communications, advertising and/or marketing experience preferred.
· Valid driver's license, reliable transportation and current insurance required
- Technical proficiency in PC and Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel) required. CRM Experience preferred