Local Sales Manager - AdvertisingThe Wichita Eagle
Responsible for developing print and digital advertising revenue through existing and new Local accounts, while providing clients with programs and services that achieve the clients’ advertising objectives.
- Responsible for managing local controllable advertising attained through current and new accounts. Approach with a digital first mindset.
- Coordinate all aspects of advertising for local retail accounts, including generating sales for multiple newspaper and digital products, ad layout, insertion orders, requested marketing research and positioning reports. Assist in digital training with your colleagues. Have a digital first approach with all proposals leaving the building.
- Provide timely, accurate sales forecast reports on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Conduct market analyses.
- Develop and maintain a wide network of sales professionals, as well as, continued support for other frontline managers.
- Engage in consultative selling approach and the sales reinvention sales process at all times. Always put the client’s needs first.
- Prepare and present professional sales proposals tailored to client needs.
- Negotiate contracts using a win-win approach, such that client needs and The Wichita Eagle revenue objectives are met.
- Development and implementation of strategic digital plans.
· Assist The Wichita Eagle sales team in leading the digital first approach to secure monthly digital budget and also, grow our base of business.
· Assist The Wichita Eagle Sales team in exceeding Digital budget and growing active accounts.
· Work with local management and the LIFT Team in Kansas City to identify prospects and develop.
· Help expand The Wichita Eagle digital foot print beyond Wichita/Sedgwick County developing us a regional digital media company.
* Work with Director of Advertising and Digital Overlay to establish ongoing sales and digital training.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good communication skills including written, verbal and interpersonal
- Consultative Selling
- Professional presentation development and delivery skills
- Negotiation skills
- Strong customer service
- Comprehensive knowledge of the industry, competition and business clients
- Time management and ability to set priorities
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· College degree or equivalent education and experience preferred. Marketing, advertising, business degrees are preferred. High school diploma or equivalent required.
· Five years of sales or marketing experience preferred.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY REQUIREMENTS:
Employees may experience the following physical demands for extended periods of time:
Sitting, Standing, Walking
Viewing Computer Monitor
Using a Keyboard
Talking on the phone
Work is performed in a normal business office environment.
The following core competencies are required of Eagle employees:
- Goal-oriented. Acts with urgency. Strives for successful outcomes in serving customers/readers/advertisers.
· Works harmoniously with colleagues. Shares critical information, works effectively across functional lines, recognizes others for their contributions. Treats people inside and outside the company with dignity and respect.
- Identifies what needs to be done and takes appropriate action. Innovates, creates and looks for solutions that will benefit the business.
- Handles self professionally. Performs work in a timely manner with consistent attention to quality. Follows through and meets all commitments. Manages time and resources effectively (including attendance).
Continuous learning and improvement
- Seeks out opportunities to improve skill for current responsibilities and future needs. Embraces new technology, systems and assignments. Considers feedback openly and adapts as needed.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work required of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills or competencies. As the needs of our customers change, Eagle employees will need to be flexible in assuming new responsibilities. All employees are expected to follow policies and standards established in the company’s Employee Handbook.