Machinists – Immediate OpeningsTriumph Structures
Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph participates at all levels of the aerospace supply chain – from single components, to complex systems, to aerospace structures and their contents. We provide solutions for the entire product life cycle of an aircraft – from raw material to aftermarket service. Our unique ability to integrate a broad range of products and capabilities is our competitive advantage.
- Sets up and operates a variety of machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, planers, and precision grinders to make metal parts, mechanisms, tools, or machines to exacting tolerances and dimensions
- Interprets blueprints, sketches, and engineering specifications
- Determines sequence of operations, number of cuts required, and method of setup
- Uses a variety of machinist's hand tools and precision measuring instruments
- Makes standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, tooling, feeds, and speeds
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points to lay out stock for machining
- Fits and assembles precision parts into mechanical equipment and determines material, parts, and equipment required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 years of related experience
- Post high school coursework or professional certification preferred