Associate Director, Talent Acquisition - Human Resources - (21001389)
Human Resources is committed to partnering with university leadership to establish and enhance organization effectiveness through creation of appropriate organizational structures and recruitment, retention, and development of talent to meet unit objectives.
Working together in a spirit of continuous improvement and collaboration, the Human Resources team contributes to a progressive and productive work environment that meets the challenges of a changing world.
The Associate Director leads all aspects of talent acquisition capabilities for staff hiring, including processes, systems, and people resources, to provide optimum hiring experiences while supporting DEIJ and other university commitments to meet Tufts staff hiring, transfer and promotional plans. The Associate Director will collaborate with their staff to set team and individual acquisition goals and metrics and will work with VPHR and Director HR Strategies to establish projects and project timelines to measure and manage progress. This person will regularly communicate with university stakeholders to calibrate the successes and opportunities related to recruiting strategy, diversity recruiting and sourcing strategies. Central to this position is to emphasize the prime importance of talent as a strategic business priority. Partners with management to align talent requirements and recruitment with the university’s strategy. Oversees systems, workflows, processes, vendor partners and strategies of the full cycle recruiting process (from initial kickoff meetings with stakeholders to sourcing, screening, closing, and facilitating offers). Drives the DEI agenda in relation to hiring, transfer and promotion to build a more diverse institution.Qualifications
- Knowledge and skills as typically acquired through completion of Bachelor’s degree and 5 -7 years executing multiple full lifecycles recruiting assignments
- 2-3 years managing a recruitment/talent acquisition team in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate about business and the impactful contribution great talent can make to an organization
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability; analytical thinker and a creative strategist to source, engage, and nurture prospective candidates
- Experience with leading and overseeing various projects/programs within talent acquisition
- Follow through on strategic initiatives, i.e. Inclusion, Justice, Equity & Diversity
- Responsible for ensuring accurate data in applicant tracking system
- Relentless drive to find and connect with the best talent
- 2+ years in an academic environment
- Multiple applicant tracking system experience
- Strong knowledge of state and federal employment law related to hiring
- Strong knowledge of background check systems, types, and regulations in MA
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
Some night and weekend commitments, including participation in the administrator-on-call rotation, required.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.