Court Operations Support Specialist #WIC18-14U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
United States District Court
District of Kansas Position: Court Operations Support Specialist Number of Positions: One Classification Level: CPS CL 24/1 - CL 24/25 (promotion potential up to a CL 24/61)
Salary Range: $36,877 - $46,100 (promotion potential up to $59,934)
Location: Wichita, Kansas Opening Date: Open until filled, preference given to applications received by August 22, 2018 Closing Date: Open until filled
Vacancy Number: WIC18-14
- The Court Operations Support Specialist is the initial contact for the general public, litigants and the bar with the Clerk's Office.
- This position is responsible for greeting individuals in person and on the telephone, answering routine questions, and directing visitors and callers.
- The Court Operations Support Specialist provides assistance to the public and bar on filing procedures, general case information, copy requests, and other court services.
- This position processes incoming and outgoing mail.
- The Court Operations Support Specialist receives and reviews incoming documents to determine conformity with federal and local rules; conducts extensive quality assurance reviews of all new cases filed electronically, making corrections and issuing notices of deficiency as needed; and assures assignment of case number and random case assignment to judges. This position prepares, scans, and enters a variety of documents and orders in the Court's electronic filing system.
- Mandatory High school diploma or equivalent, and at least one year of clerical experience with knowledge of office practices such as: word processing, record keeping, filing, telephone usage, etc. The successful applicant will also possess.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to deal with a wide variety of people tactfully and courteously.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple assignments with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; - Strong interpersonal skills and the desire to work in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use sound judgment.
- Professional demeanor and strong work ethic.
- Excellent computer skills and ability to work with a variety of programs and applications.
Please Note: The subject line of the e-mail must include both the position title (Court Operations Support Specialist) and the position number (WIC18-14).
Information for Applicants: The Court reserves the right to modify the conditions of this job announcement or to withdraw the job announcement, any of which actions may occur without any prior written notice. This job announcement may involve filling more than one position described herein. This position is subject to mandatory participation in electronic payment of net pay (i.e. Direct Deposit) and a favorable background check. The U.S. Courts require employees to adhere to a Code of Ethics and Conduct which is available to applicants for review upon request. Due to the volume of applications received, the Court may only communicate to those individuals who will be interviewed for open positions. Travel and relocation expenses will not be paid. Applicants must be United States citizens or eligible to work for the United States Government.
The United States District Court Is an Equal Opportunity Employer