Production ArtistUniversal Products, Inc.
Growing manufacturing company seeks an experienced Production Artist. The Production Artist is responsible for converting and translating customer submitted artwork into a press compatible format. This involves recreating artwork based on blueprints, adding or adjusting bleeds, manipulating color, making proofs, imposition, trapping, creating dielines, and adding custom marks. These functions support a range of printing capabilities such as Screen printing, Digital printing and Flexographic.
Experience , Skills & Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop CS4 and up, CC preferred
- Read and comprehend Blueprints
- Assesses customer artwork, advises customers regarding artwork guidelines, and provides technical instructions for the reproduction of the artwork for pre-press setup.
- Manipulate customer artwork as well as create your own so printed materials can be produced according to the production requirements
- Preflight and troubleshoot customer digital files, load fonts, inspect graphics
- Prepare files for output to digital and plate processor (spot and 4-color process) via color separations with traps and bleeds.
- The following is not a requisite but a plus for having experience: Degree in Graphic Design, working knowledge of Acrobat, InDesign, Microsoft Office, RIP software
- Self-directed multi-tasker
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Team player as well as being able to work independently
- Organizational and prioritization skills
- Detail orientated
- Time management
- Self - motivated, customer focused
- Results orientated
This is a Full Time position with benefits.
Universal Products believes in providing a safe work environment.
We conduct drug and background checks in our recruiting/hiring processes.
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Minority/ Female/ Disability/ Veteran