Digital Marketing Producer
Digital Marketing Producer
Office of Marketing & Communications
The University of New Haven, founded on the Yale campus in 1920, is a private, coeducational university that has been recognized by The Princeton Review and U.S. News & World Report for academic excellence. Located between New York City and Boston in the shoreline city of West Haven, the University is a diverse and vibrant community of nearly 8,800 students from across the globe.
Over the last decade, the University has completed more than $300 million in major capital projects while launching 26 new academic programs. The University has also added campuses in Tuscany, Italy, and Orange, Conn.
For more background on the University of New Haven please visit: www.newhaven.edu
The University of New Haven: Campus tour given by students and an overview message from Chancellor Steve Kaplan.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Digital Marketing Producer will reside in the Office of Marketing & Communications and report to the Executive Director of Digital Services. This position supports the University’s institutional marketing efforts by driving management and revision of the University’s websites and associated digital marketing properties. This position is a hands-on digital producer, making website and digital product updates, ensuring strategies are supported by current and emerging technologies, and providing critical support, training, and guidance to internal users of the University’s digital channels.
Please note that this department’s employees are currently working remotely. A shared office space on campus is also available for use. Candidates should be comfortable working in a remote environment.
- Responds to, evaluates, and fulfills service requests from all areas of the University that need assistance updating their websites and digital marketing materials, working independently and collaboratively with the customer, often under tight deadlines.
- Daily, this position will take content and create and/or edit pages, sections, and microsites in the main website CMS and microsite content management systems, including page creation in HTML, proofreading/editing, photo editing, and more.
- Researches best practices, content analytics, and user data to create effective site structure and web organization. Uses customer testimonials and feedback to optimize user experience.
- Assists in Web Accessibility Efforts by reviewing website content on an ongoing basis to ensure University’s digital properties meet or exceed Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1.
- Partners with content creators to brainstorm around organic keywords and develop new content to drive organic traffic. Collaborates with technical colleagues to organize and implement SEO recommendations using third-party BrightEdge platform.
- Assist with analytics of digital marketing projects, including reporting in Google Analytics or other similar products.
- Assist with content for websites and social channels operated by 3rd-party vendors performing services for the University.
- Attends various meeting and committees on campus or virtually (as needed) to represent the Office of Marketing & Communications.
- Provides front-line training and support to content authors in the Office of Marketing & Communications and other limited departments with responsibility for editing of sections of the website(s). Develops documentation and best practices for distributed content authoring responsibility. Fields questions from other editors and problem solves the issues or escalates to senior leadership when necessary.
- Creates and manages projects for multiple student workers. Provides regular updates on completed projects and work performance. Trains student workers to use the website CMS and various other platforms.
- Perform other duties as assigned and necessary in order to meet the enrollment, marketing, and service needs of the University and our students.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, or related field.
- 5-7 years of marketing, digital marketing, or related experience; or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- 2-3 years of higher-education marketing experience is helpful, but not required. Marketing, communications, or web design experience in other industries can be substituted.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, SEO, and social media.
- Experience creating or editing media for the web using the Adobe Creative Cloud suite.
- Proven ability to thrive in high-energy environment, managing tight deadlines and shifting priorities.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and demands.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Critical thinker, with an ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and professionalism to interact with a wide range of people at different levels of an organization.
University of New Haven Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging Vision
The University of New Haven is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a diverse institution which celebrates, respects, and values individuals of all social identities. We believe that as members of the university community, our socio‐cultural differences ignite intellectual growth and foster a culture of understanding that embraces our ever‐changing society.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you have the qualifications we are looking for and are interested in working for an institution where the experience of learning is both personal and pragmatic and one that is guided by a distinguished faculty who care deeply about individual student success, we want to hear from you! Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references, all of which will remain confidential, through this link: http://apply.interfolio.com/122228
If you have any issues with this submittal, please contact us at HRDept@newhaven.edu